Due to the current Pandemic of Coronavirus, with immediate effect access to medical care has changed.
The below is supported by the recommended guidance from NHS England. Our main priority is to keep our patients safe.
If you are presenting with a cough or/and fever, please follow NHS England advice and self-isolate. www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
All pre-booked appointments are suspended from Wednesday 18th March 2020. If you already have a pre-booked appointment, please phone on the morning of you appointment and you will be phoned back by one of the GPs.
No appointments will be booked at the reception desks. If you have a problem and need to be seen please phone the surgery.
Please phone the surgery on the day you wish to be seen, at which time your request will be dealt with. You will be called back by one of the team later that day. No appointments will be made on your initial conversation with the receptionist.
From Wednesday 18th March, we are releasing Telephone triage appointment ONLY. These are only 1 minute long and are for the clinicians to carry out an assessment of your need.
We are not able to either test you or treat you for Coronavirus at the surgery. This is via 111.nhs.uk or telephone 111.
NHSE has instructed GPs not to issue certificates to patients self-isolating or with Coronavirus illness. This is available via the 111 website.
- To keep you safe and permit the Doctor to prioritise medical emergencies, you MUST record a reason for the triage slot at time of booking.
- Do not turn up at the surgery at this time as you will be turned away.
- If, following triage, you are asked to come into the surgery, please abide by the given instructions for when you arrive.
- Do not be alarmed if you are examined by one of the team wearing protective aprons, gloves and masks.
- WASH your HANDS or use hand sanitise before and on leaving the surgery.
All of the above are subject to change due to the evolving nature of this pandemic.
Thank you for your support and understanding at this time.